Nourishing Networks Meeting Bellevue Recap 5/25
Hi all –
Some highlights from yesterday’s Bellevue Nourishing Networks meeting…
· New attendees – We welcomed Maggie Boyle (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Refugee Women’s Alliance, Kelly Fine from Temple B’nai Torah (email@example.com), and Shelby Grant, an intern with BSD (Shelby.firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Role change for Henry – Henry, who has been active with our group through the student government, will leave that position at the end of this quarter. He’ll continue to attend NN meetings and will recruit additional students to support our efforts. He’ll also make sure our meeting space is scheduled through the summer!
· Nourishing Networks Spring Gathering 2016 – This inspiring & interactive event will take place at the Kirkland Library on . Stay tuned for more information from Linda Benson!
· Bellevue College Food Pantry – Many donations were brought in by our members, which gave the pantry a much-needed boost. Ongoing discussions are happening around developing a sustainable plan to keep it stocked. Contact Henry LaValleehenrylavallee@gmail.com
· Tent City 4 is moving to Temple B’nai Torah in Bellevue this summer and they need dinner donors to contribute & serve. Contact Kelly Fine email@example.com
· The BelRed Family Resource Center will open on May 31st with service for single women and their children on weekdays at 2315 173rd Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052. Want to help?
o Donate items via the Amazon gift list (or purchase elsewhere & arrange delivery)
o Volunteer to help onsite. http://brfrc.ugm.volunteerhub.
o Find out more: www.ugm.org/BelRed
· Summer food & meal resource information was provided as handouts (attached) as well as information on how people can accessBasic Food Assistance (attached contact Maggie Boyle firstname.lastname@example.org)
Next month’s meeting will take place on J, with Tammy Waddell returned to the convener role.
Happy serving –